Wednesday 29 September 2010

Inspiring Images

Inspiring images
View more presentations from TJ Jones.

First image


"i hate this feeling" this could be a symptom of depression. And the majority of individuals with depersonalization suffer from depression. I plan to make the main character quite depressed. But more detached than depressed. I chose this picture because the individual is a female, like my main character and she's writing using lipstick which is a stereotypical female item.

Second image


This image is of a girl hiding behind a tree. She appears to be quite scared. I have chose this picture mainly because she has pink hair. This makes the picture different and unique, much like people with depersonalization disorder. It also appears that the quality of the photo is either an SLR, or polaroid, or a disposable camera, as the quality is so grainy. This is how i plan to edit my film, using grainy or chroma key effects.

Third image


This image is of a girl in a black t-shirt,  over the knee socks, and a leather jacket. I chose this image because this kind of fashion I plan to use on my character.

Fourth image


This image is of a girl sitting down getting dressed. I chose this image because of the quality of photo. I like the use of grainy effects, this is how i plan to edit my film.

Fifth image

This image is of a girl in a bath, looking like she has drowned. She is wearing heavy makeup to create a stronger artistic effect. I plan to use a similar shot in my film, as it's very artistic and can be seen as quite psychotic. 


Sixth image


This image is of a girl wielding a knife. This fits with the genre i plan to base my film around. She has a malicious smile, which fits again with the genre. This image has made me realize how important emotion is and how close up shots can depict this.

Seventh image


This image is of a girl lying on her bed. The girl isn't the main focus in the image, it's of the colourful background. I plan to shoot in a bedroom similar to this bedroom with colourful images in the background.

Eight image


This image is of a girl standing on a windowsill. I chose this image because of the girl's fashion. I plan to use a similar style for my characters.

Ninth image


This image is of a girl, again I chose this image because of the fashion sense. But the girl's face depicts an emotion similar to how i would portray someone with depersonalization.

Tenth image


This image is of a girl on the floor. I chose this image because it represents depersonalization. I feel this is a really strong image to depict this, and i plan to shoot using the same angle and position of the character.

Eleventh image


This image is of Courtney Love sitting on a bed with a guitar. I chose this image because she represents the "grunge" style. I plan to use a grungy style for my character's fashion sense. I also like how there is writing on the walls and how the room is really messy. This is how i want the room I film in to look like as individuals that suffer from depersonalization are highly unorganized.

twelfth image


This image is of two girls. I decided to use this picture because of the levels of editing used, there are high levels of contrast and levels used, which is what I intend on using in my trailer. The girls are also wearing heavy amounts of makeup. I also quite like their fashion sense, so i may take ideas from this photo to use on my characters.

thirteenth image


This image is of a girl leaning against a window. This is quite a depressing image and the girl looks quite scared. This is the level of emotion I want to use in my trailer. As people with depersonalization are quite scared. I also like the editing in this image.

fourteenth image


This image is of a boy laying on his bed smoking. I like the camera angle in this photo, and i also like the drawing on the walls. I plan to film in a location where there are a number of posters/photos on the wall as that gives the location an interesting backdrop.

fifteenth image


This image is of Effy from skins saying "Hit me just once, I want to feel something" I like this image because of the use of dark colours, which give the image a lot of emotion. It also sounds like a symptom of depersonalization. A lack of emotions or feeling in touch with reality.

sixteenth image


This image is from the film control. I like this image because it's a wide/long shot, which is a different shot to all the other images I have found so far. It also shows a lot of emotion, and is in black and white. I represents loneliness, which is a characteristic of depersonalization.

seventeenth image


This image is of the film poster Schizo. I like this image because it's a poster related to mental health. I like the limited use of colours, and grungy font. I also like the tagline "when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" this tagline relates to schizophrenia, and I plan to come up with something as equally witty for depersonalization.

eighteenth image


This image is of a girl posing. I like this image because of the background colour of the wallpaper. As i plan to have an interesting background where I shoot, as this could relate to depersonalization and could represent "their world" as if they've designed it themselves. I also like the top she is wearing, and I plan to make sure my characters are wearing suitable fashion which can relate to my target audience. It appears she is wearing heavy eye makeup which represents a lot of emotion, so I plan to use this in my film.

nineteenth image


This image is from the film thirteen. I like this image because of the use of photofilters and fashion. I plan to manipulate the levels in my film to portray what the main character actually sees. People with depersonalization see the world differently to others.

Twentieth image


This image is of a girl lying on the floor. I like this image because there is a caption over the image saying "it's not real, it's not real" the use of repetition shows the importance of this. It's also a symptom of depersonalization, feeling that things aren't real. This image is also in black and white which i feel is the best colour setting for expressing emotion.

Twenty First image


This image is of two factsheets about mental health disorders. The first factsheet is about schizophrenia and the second one is about paranoid schizophrenia. I chose these factfiles because, schizophrenia is more recognized than depersonalization. Depersonalization is a characteristic of schizophrenia so I thought it would be relevant.

Twenty second image


This image is of a girl laying on a bed. I chose this image again because of the interesting background.

Twenty third image


This image of a girl. I chose this image because of her fashion sense. I plan to have my characters dress quite grungy. I also like the fact the image is in black and white.

Twenty fourth image


This image is of a silhouette of a girl sitting on a windowsill. I like this image because you can't see her face, only her shadow. This relates to depersonalization, is she real or is she just a shadow? I plan to create a shot like this in my film, as it sums up depersonalization.

Twenty fifth image


This image is of courtney love. I like this image because it's a close up shot of the character's face which clearly portrays how she is feeling. It also shows her messy hair and makeup, which is also a symptom of depersonalization "poor dress"

Twemty Sixth image


This image is another image from the film control. I like this image because it's cut into two sections which i find portrays emotion really well. I plan to use this in my film.


No comments:

Post a Comment