Tuesday 21 September 2010

Inspiration for my teaser

I have decided to focus on skins, thirteen and the tracey fragments because they are all films/tv shows that focus on teenage problems.



I have been browsing youtube to find "psychological thriller" teasers to find inspiration for my teaser. I have also been looking at fan made videos of skins and the film thirteen. The way this has been edited almost creates a schizophrenic feel to it, with the use of fast cuts and high contrast editing. This is what I hope to achieve with my teaser. Because I've decided to base my film around depersonalization disorder, i feel that the use of high contrast and auto levels appeals to me when I make my teaser trailer. 



I like this trailer because the use of music (alice practice - crystal castles) could be an example of what I could use for my trailer. The use of upbeat synths and strong emphasis on percussion is how I plan my music to sound. I like the use of contrast, overlapping images and fast cuts.



I like how this video starts out, with Effy's therapist saying "What are you thinking about" Reverb has been used on the voices to make then echo more than usual which fits really well with the eerie music. I am inspired by Effy's fashion sense and may use it in my trailer. I like how at the end of the trailer, fast cuts have been used to build up tension and drama.



I like this trailer because of its use of music, (Where is my mind - the pixies) which is quite relevant to my topic of choice. The opening shot is of an empty top deck of a bus which I plan to maybe recreate in my own trailer, as it could represent the feelings of the character. The title of the film alone creates an eerie vibe with the use of the words fragments. Although I plan to use fast cuts throughout my teaser, the tracey fragments trailer uses long cuts which get the point across, which i admire. The trailer also uses weird colour efects almost like 3D effects, which i quite like. Either the camera was a budget handheld camera, or they've used a number of photo filters to drain the colour out of the footage. This is what I plan to do as it creates an eerie feel. The main character has her hood up quite a bit in the footage, this creates an element of mystery to her personality which is what I plan to do for my main character. Towards the end of the trailer, the cuts become a lot faster to build up the suspense and drama.



I like the way this trailer opens with its use of static sound effects rather than actual music. The images are in black and white which create an eerie feel. The cuts are quite rapid as well cutting to someone screaming which i feel illustrates the genre of psychological thriller. I like the use of the blur effect of Effy's face. I could use this in my trailer as people who suffer from depersonalization experience visions of high contrast and blurred vision. The use of the words "Sometimes I think I was born backwards, come out my mum the wrong way" Would be an excellent quote for a psychological thriller. I like the typewriter text saying "delusional" and I might use something similar for my film.



In this trailer the use of soothing piano music indicates it could be quite a depressing film, and the use of reverb on the voice creates an eerie feel. The use of high contrast relates to the genre of my choice.



The opening to this trailer is more verbal than visual with its use of text. I like the music (Running up that hill - placebo) It appears that the editor of the trailer has beat matched the song, which is what I plan to do for my trailer. An effect has been used at about 0.16 seconds which looks like the iamges are overlapping each other. I like the use of fast cuts. In this teaser, it is clear that fashion is important as the majority of characetrs are standing up so you are able to see what they are wearing. I hope to base my characters around the fashion of Effy. Again, I like the idea of the characters speaking over the music and video clips, with a touch of reverb.



I like the idea of the characters speaking over the music and video clips, with a touch of reverb. The spoken words do not match the clips, creating a sense of detachment, which again relates to depersonalization.The use of colour effects in the clip, really relate to depersonzliation, with its use of black and white, sepia, high contrast and auto levels. The use of overlapping images and slowed down images again too relate. The use of soothing piano music creates a depressing tone for the video. I like the use of fast cuts towards the end of the clip, which indicate a build up of drama.



I like the use of spoken voice over a black background as it creates an element of mystery. I especially like the choice of song (Nobody's home - avril lavigne) The use of black and white represents the emotion in this clip, the editor has also beat matched which is what I intend to do with my clip. The clip also shows writing and newspaper clippings about depression, which I feel relates to my trailer.




This trailer is a typical trailer to illustrate teenage rebellion, with its use of fast past guitars, fashion, amateur filming and use of drugs. I like the choice of music and the fast cuts. The change in colour throughout the trailer indicates the change of feel and emotion which is what I plan to do with my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment