Wednesday 9 December 2009

School Magazine contents page


This is my developed contents page. As you can see I have stuck to my colour scheme of pink, black and white to avoid confusion. I have used the same model as my main image to keep the magazine simple. I have used the same colours and fonts for "contents" This is a sans serif font which shows the informality of the magazine, which my target audience will like. The two images with to the right of the magazine are my cover lines on the front page of my magazine. I thought I should use these to fill the space on the page and because the cover lines are the main stories in a magazine I thought I should use images to show this and place a black border around them to emphasize this. I have added a small white caption box to show the reader what the images are of and i have added a small page number in a different colour to show the reader what page to turn to. I have added a white shape with "sixx this month!" written on top of it. This tells the reader what will be in the magazine this month. I have added the school logo to add
to remind the reader that this is a school magazine. I have used the same font and colour for the word "sixx" I have wrote the remaining contents in pink and black boxes. I have used these colours because I am sticking to my colour scheme and to avoid confusion.


This is my school magazine mock up contents page. I have decided to stick to the codes and conventions and I am sticking to the left third rule. This contents page also sticks to the eye flow rule. I have decided to lay it out like this because my magazine is quite informal so it caters to teenagers. I decided to have more than one picture because this will attract my target audience. I have less text on my contents page, more teens will want to read this magazine. I am using the topics "school life" because the magazine is a school magazine so it is a relevant topic that my target audience will want to read about. I am featuring a music review so when my target audience come to read the magazine, they can break away from school life and read about the latest music. I am using the topic of "extra curricular" to inform students about the extra curricular clubs that are on offer at their school.

No comments:

Post a Comment