Thursday 24 December 2009

Combining my music magazine ideas

This is the font I will use on my final magazine. I have used this font on all of my first draft magazines but I have filled this specific font in using my colour scheme of pink and black. I quite like the kicker at the top of the page as well, however I might edit it so that it has a grungy shape behind it so it gives the magazine more of a grungy feel.


The poster special I think works really well as it is posters of the featured band. I have used a sans serif font to show the informality of the magazine. The drop shadow sticks to my colour scheme and stands out more. I have downloaded a brush that allows me to draw Polaroid picture frames. This gives a grungy effect to the magazine .This also fits with the kicker/explanation/list of bands at the bottom of the page. The way the list of bands is laid out at the bottom of the page is how some of the magazines I have looked at set it out.




 
I will use this image for my front cover image because I feel it has a lot of emotion and attitude and since my magazine is a teen grunge music magazine it would work quite well. My target audience are teenagers so having attitude ridden teens on the front cover will attract them to buy the magazine.




This is the main headline I will use on my magazine. It follows the rule of the left third and eye flow. I have put the word Right into a bigger font to attract the reader and hook and ruin in a smaller font. The way Right Hook Ruin is displayed it could look like a boxing glove with the shape behind it. I have put the exclusive in a different colour so I can differentiate between the main headline and the subheadings/explanations. The shapes used give a grungy effect which is what my magazine is based on.




I like the pink heart shape I have created with the kicker “sex drugs and rock n’ roll” I feel that it will attract lots of people to buy the magazine as the topic of sex, drugs and rock n roll is a very interesting topic. The colour and shape will also attract people.

No comments:

Post a Comment