Friday 4 December 2009

Music Magazine Photoshoot Plan

Table of contents photo shoot plan


1. I plan to take a photo of Right Hook Ruin at a gig. I plan to get some of the fans as well as the band in the shot. I plan to have the fans looking like they're having fun. As Right Hook Ruin is a teenage band with a fanbase of mainly teenagers, I feel that if I capture the image with teenagers in the photo, it will meet the needs of my target audience. I will make the shot wide/mid shot so I can get a few teenagers as well as the band in the shot.


Models: Amad Redha, TJ Gayle, Milly Price, Vix Allaway


I took the photo at the Barfly in Camden. As it was a gig, I had no control over the lighting. The lights were dim.


As the Barfly venue is mainly black, the background will be black with the barfly logo. The band will be playing on the stage and the fans will be in front. I have chosen a concert venue because i feel that this relates to my target audience.


I will use this image as my main TOC image. This image will be bigger than my other images to show importance.


I have edited the image by upping the contrast ever so slightly to make the colours more bolder.


I asked the fans and band to wear alternative/grungy clothing. The colours of clothing in the image are mainly dark and purple.


Props include: An amplifier a microphone and guitar.




2. I plan to go to a number of gigs and take photos of bands that are musically similar to Right Hook Ruin. I have decided to use an image of the singer of the band Zico Chain. Like Right Hook Ruin, Zico chain are a grunge band from London. So I feel that using this image would meet the needs of my target audience. I plan to take the photo from a side low angle shot, to get an image of him screaming into the microphone. Which could represent anger again relating to my target audience.


Model: Chris Glithero


I took the image again at the Barfly in Camden. As the photo was taken at a gig, I had no control over the lighting. The lights were dimmed. I got a shot of the lights in the image.


Because the walls of the Barfly are black, the background had to be black.


I will use this as a supporting image on my TOC.


I have upped the contrast of the image so that the colours are bolder.


The singer is wearing dark clothing which ties into the grunge genre which relates to my target audience.


Props include: A microphone




3. I plan to lay out all of the kerrang magazines and to use it as a background. My model will then lie on top and stare directly at the camera. This is quite an artsy photo and will appeal to my target audience because of the artsiness of it and because of the use of the Kerrang magazines. It's a mid shot of my model with the photo turned upside down.


Model: Kate Hegarty


I took the image in my bedroom. I had the light off as it day day time, i had the curtains open to let the natural light in. I decided to use flash on the camera to avoid blurriness. I also increased the LCD when taking the photo.


The background of the image is a number of Kerrang magazines spread across my bedroom floor. This appeals to my target audience.


I will use this image as a supporting image on my TOC. Because the image is of a teenage girl, it will appeal to my target audience.


I have heavily increased the brightness and contrast of this image to make the colours bolder. I have also adjusted the levels to balance out the colour. I have added 3 photo filters, an orange one to create a bold natural feel to the image, a black filter to then drain the image to make it seem of higher quality and then a yellowy green filter to make the photo look natural.


I told my model to wear alternative clothing to appeal to my target audience.


Props include: Music magazines




4. I took this photo at a friends party, I decided to use this image (even though it doesn't necessarily relate to music) because I wanted to include a type of "self help" page in my magazine. This may attract other types of teenagers to buy the magazine. I will use it as a "How to stay safe at parties" type of image. I took the photo aiming to only get the lower body and it doesn't show the faces of the models and in that way it's a kind of artsy photo, again attracting artsty type people to buy the magazine. I got my inspiration for this photo from the TV programme Skins.


Models: Shivani Shah and Isabella Dyson


I took this photo quite late at night/early morning the lighting in the room was dimmed.


There isn't really a clear background, just a green sofa.


I will use this image as a supporting image on my TOC.


When I took this image, it was of poor quality so I have to heavily photoshop it by increasing the contrast and brightness. I have also added 3 photo filters, an orange one to create a bold natural feel to the image, a black filter to then drain the image to make it seem of higher quality and then a yellowy green filter to make the photo look natural.


I had mentioned to my models before the party to dress alternatively as I wanted to take some pictures. Shivani is wearing dark clothing which is associated with grunge clothing. Isabella is wearing a grey blazer, a stripy top and a stretchy acid wash denim skirt. Blazers are associated with today's "20th century grunge" look and the acid wash denim skirt could represent her "rebel" nature.


props include: A green sofa




5. This photo is a full body shot of a girl with a hoover. The camera is at a slight high angle and the model is bending over in a slightly "seductive/angsty" way.


Model: Rachel "Racheycore" Hodgkin


I took this photo when the sun was setting. I had natural light which is I thought would be better than fake lighting.


The background is of a white wall. I placed my model here so that when i came to editing the image, I would be able to make her stand out against the white background.


I will use this image as a supporting image on my TOC


When I took this image, it was of poor quality so I have to heavily photoshop it by increasing the contrast and brightness. I have also added 2 photo filters, a black filter to then drain the image to make it seem of higher quality and then a blue filter to make the model look paler.


I didn't have to ask my model to dress up as when this photo was taken she was going through a "scene" phase. Scene/Scene kid was a phase/label that some teenagers went through.
Scene kids create their own name (Racheycore)
Scene kids have a very high level of self confidence which is seen in this image.
Scene kids are said to be really nasty and "bitchy" which is seen in the image by the way she is posing.
Scene kids tend to have tiny children's bags which is seen in this image as she has a tiny yellow bag.
Scene kids usually wear either bright shirts, band shirts, or plain vests with denim shorts. This is seen in the image.
Scene kids also have a number of facial piercings and wear hair extentions. This is seen in the image
Scene kids also like to wear oversized sunglasses even when it's not summer. This is also seen in the image.
I decided to use this model because the majority of my friends at the time were going through this scene phase so i thought if i used a "scene kid" as a model it would appeal to my target audience.


Props include: A hoover




6. This photo is probably the most artsy out of all of my TOC images. It's a close up of a girl wearing fake glasses.


Model: Niamh Dunphy


I have used natural light in this image to keep it natural and artsy


I took this photo in my bathroom against a white wall (editing has made it slightly off colour)
I did this because I wanted it to be a natural artsy photo.


I will use this image as a supporting image on my TOC


I have edited the image by increasing the brightness and contrast ever so slightly. I have added a yellowy green photo filter to create a natural look.


The model is wearing fake glasses which are popular amongst teenagers. By telling the model to wear these, I am catering to the needs of my target audience.


Props include: N/A


No comments:

Post a Comment