Tuesday 28 December 2010

Idea for an intro and storyboard



This is my intro for my media trailer. The opening shot is a long shot of Melissa on a busy street. I've chosen this location because it creates a lot of distraction in the background which creates the illusion that Melissa isn't as important as the background, which makes the character appear quite empty. I have also used manual focus in this shot as I wanted this shot to be blurry. This creates a dissociative atmosphere, a lack of reality. I have used a number of effects to enhance the shot. I've altered the contrast and levels to make the shot appear darker which ties in with the genre of the film. I have also used the colour wheel on final cut pro to add an orange, green and black photo filter. This creates a a natural and glowy effect to the shot, and the black photo filter allows the colour to drain from the shot again relating to my choice of genre.
My second shot is a tracking long/midshot along Marylebone Road. I've delibrately made the camera movement jolty as I feel a steady shot wouldn't be appropriate in a teaser about mental health. I had asked Melissa to appear slightly agitated and jumpy to allow her to connect with her character. I had also asked her not to stare directly at the camera as, I wanted her to appear dissociative and disconnected with the environment around her.
My third shot is a side angle tracking midshot. I used this shot because I wanted to show the audience how Melissa felt, and in this shot she appears very stressed as she pulls her hair away from her face. I also used this shot because the majority of shots I had for the intro were all head on walking/running shots down the road so I felt a different angle was needed. I deliberately chose to face away from the road to make the shot a lot darker, as the only light in this shot is the flood lights shining off of the block of flats.
My fourth shot is a long shot. Again I have used manual focus to make Melissa appear blurry. I told Melissa to walk slowly in this shot as this is when
My fifth shot is a long shot and a zoom out to midshot. I asked Melissa to run towards me and appear distressed. This relates to my chosen genre as the character clearly is quite upset. I used this location because there are several street lamps around this courtyard and I needed quite a lot of lighting in order to show her distress.
My final shot is a close up shot of Melissa. I have used this shot to show Melissa's facial expression, which could be argued shows a sense of manipulation and a sudden contrast from upset to feeling dark and dangerous. Before I had filmed this shot, I had already written the speech for Melissa, so I knew the final sentence would be "I am alone" which I felt really needed a dramatic shot, and I felt a closeup showing emotions would be the best shot.




Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

I have used animoto to show my storyboard electronically



 I have decided to use a wide range of shots and locations in order to get some variety

1 comment:

  1. Nice voiceover idea.

    Lots of good footage now appearing on your blog.

    You could probably end up making 2 teasers at this rate.

    We'll discuss when term restarts.

    ReplyDelete