Monday 27 December 2010

Getting used to editing part 2


I have put together a running sequence using clips of the main character Melissa.
My first shot starts off as a manual focus shot of Melissa running towards the camera, I have made the camera jolty to increase the dramatic tension. I have also zoomed out to show the character's reaction to being chased.
My second shot is a long panning shot of which focuses on Melissa running. This shot shows the speed in which she is running which i feel shows how scared she is.
My third shot is of Melissa's feet running. I wanted to use a number of different angles and shots in this sequence to make it more interesting and tense. Again the side view of Melissa shows the speed she is running at which again shows the fear.
My fourth shot is a point of view tracking shot, where the camera is running after Melissa. I have deliberately made it jolty to make the shot relate to the genre and to make it more dramatically tense.
My fifth shot is a dolly shot which is tracking Melissa's lower half, I felt that I needed more than just emotional shots of Melissa to keep the audience entertained.
My sixth shot is a tracking long side shot, which i feel is the most dramatic shot of the sequence as it then feeds into my seventh shot which is a zoomed in tracking shot, I took inspiration from tv shows/movies such as The Bill, and Shank. The fast cut draws the audience in as the tension rises.
My eighth shot is a cut back to the point of view tracking shot, I've put this clip in the footage again because it makes it appear like the individual is getting closer to Melissa, which again builds up tension
Nineth shot is same as fifth shot.
The final shot is of Melissa running and looking slightly happier as she is no longer being chased. I felt a non-dramatic ending was needed to surprise the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment