Wednesday 11 November 2009

My music survey

This is my music survey. I have created a series of questions that will hopefully help me create my music magazine. This will help me decipher which attributes of music magazines people like.
I have asked the question "What is you favourite genre of music?" I have asked this question to a number of people to find out which genre is the most popular. I feel if I were to improve this question, I would list less genres as some of the genres I have listed are sub genres rather than actual genres. This will give me a clear idea of what the majority of teenagers listen to which will help me edit my magazine.
I have asked the question "What is your least favourite genre of music?" Because this will give me a clear idea of what not to base my music magazine on. Again i feel I have listed too many genres, so if I were to improve this questionnaire or for reference, I know now not to list too many options as this may effect my results.
I have listed 4 fonts to find out out which font people like. I have listed 4 because I feel this is the right number, not too many fonts and not too little fonts. If I had listed too little fonts people will not have much of a choice. If i'd put too many fonts down people may get frustrated and will want to pick 2 fonts. I've gone for the grungey look because based on my results i have decided to make a rock music magazine.
I have asked the question "What is your favourite band at the moment?" This will give me an idea of what to base my cover on, and it also ties in with the genre questions.
I have asked the question "How much would you pay for a music magazine?" This is a very important question as it will help me to determine a price for my magazine and if the price is too high, people won't purchase the magazine. I did some research into music magazines and looked at the prices of the magazines. I realised that the magazines are in between £1-3 unless there is a CD or freebie with it which will obviously make the price a lot higher.
I have asked the question "What would you like to see in the magazine?" I have asked this question because like the question above, it effects whether people actually buy the magazine. I have listed a number of sections that are found in music magazines. I will edit what is in my magazine based on my results from this question.
I have asked the question "What music magazines do you read?" I have asked this because I can get a feel of what people like to read. I can then analyse this magazine in detail which will then help me with my magazine editting process. I have decided to create a rock genre music magazine marketed at teenagers simply because the majority of people who filled out the survey like music and I myself am a teenager who likes to listen to rock music so my knowledge of rock music will come in handy when creating the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment